For more details see, What are Cookies?
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Remember your settings during visits
- Allow you to share pages (names/blog articles) with social networks like Facebook or Twitter
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information - we will always ask for your express permission if we ever do collect this information.
- Collect any sensitive information, without your express permission
What information is kept by the cookie?
A cookie will typically hold:
- The name of the website that it has come from
- How long the cookie will stay on your computer or phone
- A value – usually a randomly generated unique number
How long do cookies stay on my computer?
- Session cookies – these only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
- Persistent cookies – these are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site.
- Website function cookies
- Social media cookies
- Third party and advertising cookies
- Analytics cookies
More about Our Cookies
- Holding information once you’ve logged in to save you having to re-login each time you visit a different page during your session
- Once you log off or close the browser the session cookie will be removed
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
- How visitors reached our website (e.g. from a search engine, an advert, from social media site etc)
- The activity of users on the site such as the number of pages viewed, time spend on individual pages, the pages visitors leave our site on
- How often visitors return to our site
- Visitor technology used (e.g. browser, operating system, device etc)
These statistics help us make our site as user-friendly as possible, to ensure a good experience for all visitors.
- Google Analytics which is a program that helps us measure site usage details including the examples above.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show ads on sites on the internet.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page
or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page
Internet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Safari Google Chrome
You can switch cookies off by adjusting your internet browser settings to stop it accepting cookies. There are many different browsers and versions. Some of the most common browsers and versions and listed below. Click the name of your preferred browser below to learn how to disable and manage cookies. If you version of browser is not listed, please visit your preferred search engine.
Please be aware though that turning off cookies will impair the performance of many websites and not just ours.